Read the article about eye protection.
If you would like to learn how to play pickleball contact Ely Community Education or send us a message and the club will schedule lessons.
1. No more prespinning the ball when serving
2. Replay for a Violation of the Service Motion or Ball Release Rules - violation may now result in a replay. If the referee is not certain whether a serving violation occurred, then the referee may call a replay. The referee may also call an immediate fault if the referee is certain that a serving violation occurred.
3. Wrong Score called - if the server or referee calls the wrong score, then any player may stop play at any time before the return of serve to correct the score. However, if any player stops play after the return of serve (or if any player stops play and the score was actually correct), then that player would have committed a fault.
4. Clothing Color - clothing cannot match the color of the ball.
5. Equipment Time Outs will not be counted towards a time out.
Our pro elongated paddle is made with carbon fiber textured surface and polymer core. This gives you not only the power you are looking for, but the control and ability to create spin that you need to make your first strike out on the court.
Advanced edge protection:
Carbon textured surface:
The club has formed a committee to research how new courts could be built either on the same site or somewhere else within Ely. The club is excepting donations that are not tax deductible. The club is a 501 C7
The PicklePlay app helps players find local pickleball courts, clubs, events and players. Find Local Pickleball Courts. Download the #1 Pickleball App Today.
One of the club members is a musical artist, check out the song he wrote about the game of pickleball. They also offer pickleball shirts and bags. Click on the Find Out More button or go to spiritwoodmusic.com. The song can be found on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92AJwyjC8Uo
If you are new to Pickleball and have not played any tournaments you can rate yourself by using the USAPA ranking definitions.
Can anyone join the club?
We prefer that members have had beginner lessons or some experience and understanding of the rules. Must be at least 18 years old to join.